Tuesday, August 17, 2010

8/17

This post is going to be like a diary today.
I am not doing much in the summer.
I am not taking summer school, I am not worrying about finding work anymore (cuz what can worrying do? you just have to accept the fact the job market is such a bitch nowadays), and except for my Euro trip back in May, I have not been doing any exciting things.

BUT you know, I am just enjoying a beautiful summer in Vancouver right now.
I very much enjoyed walking at the English Bay, getting some gelato, trying out new restaurants, watching new blockbuster movies and old Disney classics with my friends, going bowling, having a nice stroll at Seawalk in West Van, cooling down at Lynn Headwater creek, playing some amateur golf with my daddy, going to garage sales, working out at the gym, trying some pie at the Savary Pie Company, volunteering for kid's program at the NVMA, visiting little and big galleries and just having a relaxing laid-back summer in Vancouver.

I thought I was gonna intern at Sotheby's or at the Tate Modern this summer from March through June when I was stressed about my future and searching for a VALID job via applying and getting rejected at 50 places.
But something much better came along, I met and gotten closer with my new and old friends, learned how to play golf and finally learned how to drive like an adult, and got to know more about the city and enjoying life.

And then when I was least expecting it, my friend's boss's friend offered me a job at a new gallery.
I guess thing come when you are not obsessed about it or the moment you let go of everything :)
~Que Sera Sera~
~The future's not ours to see~
~Que Sera Sera~

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?