Sunday, March 21, 2010

Affordable nail art

I got into Japanese Nail art after I picked up a Japanese fashion magazine, "PopTeen."
The magazine is filled with cute japanese girls (probably from Harajuku) showing off their "wicked style" as Gwen Stefani sings in her song, "Harajuku Girls." Gwen was right about them Harajuku girls. 
What I noticed was their nail art. All the girls had such wicked nails! 
Their nail art ranged from 2D to 3D with amazing colors and decorations.

 
I was amazed by what they can do with their nails!
It's more than a manicure, so I decided to call several salons in the Vancouver area who does Japanese nail art. The hair salon I go to also is a nail salon specializing in Japanese nail art. I think many asian hair salons provide Japanese nail art services, but are extremely pricey.
 
I, then, decided to buy some artificial nail chips to do it myself.
I, of course, headed to Asian mega dollar store, Daiso in Aberdeen Mall, Richmond.
There, I also got some stickers, nail chains, 3D nail art pen all for $2 each.
For some nail stickers, I randomly found them when I was buying books from the UBC bookstore on campus.
I came across more nail stickers when I was distributing posters from my job at a boutique at Yaletown.
It took me sometime to do each nail, but it was worth it!
I saved so much by doing it myself. Of course, the results are not salon quality. 

 

You can also head to these locations for additional supplies....
1. Michael's
2. Shifeon (cosmetic shop on Robson St.)- they have the most amazing collection of 3D nail stickers
1156 Robson Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V6E 1B2
ph: (604) 688-3291

For professional services...
1.Kaen Beauty Desgin Studio
846 Thurlow St.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tel:604.696.6080

2. Sweet Nail Salon
2128 Sexsmith Road, Richmond
Tel: (604) 276-2996


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?